So you've heard about Facebook's Matching Funds available on #GivingTuesday. Are you wondering if you should use Facebook's Fundraising tool or your Network for Good donation page on #GivingTuesday? Read on!
What's Network for Good's relationship with Facebook?
Network for Good processes some gifts made through Facebook Fundraisers. Whether you, another staff member, or a loyal supporter of your organization sets up a Facebook Charity Fundraiser on your nonprofit's behalf, you'll still get those disbursements in one of these two ways:
- Organization's that sign up with Facebook Payments can get disbursements from Facebook directly.
- Organization's that don't sign up with Facebook get their disbursement from Network for Good.
What's the benefit of doing a fundraiser on Facebook on #GivingTuesday?
- Because of the social nature of #GivingTuesday, Facebook can help you reach your current donors and their friends during this international day of giving.
- Using a Facebook Fundraiser means the donor doesn't leave Facebook to complete their donation.
- You may be eligible for matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as well as waived fees (The information at the very bottom of this article gives more details.)
What are the downsides of doing a fundraiser on Facebook on #GivingTuesday?
- The disbursement timeline is delayed. Facebook Fundraiser gifts from November will arrive in your January disbursement payout.
- You won't be able to get the donor's contact information. You won't be able to add these folks to your donor management system, thank them for their gift, and grow them into a loyal supporter unless you do some extra work to reach out to each donor individually and add them manually to your donor management system.
- You cannot control the language, call to action, branding of the Fundraiser.
What's the benefit of using my Network for Good donation page on #GivingTuesday?
- You have more control over the language, call to action, and branding of your donation page.
- You can collect donor information which means you can send a thank you message and you can keep in touch with them and help them grow into a loyal supporters.
- Donors are already familiar with your online donation page so the experience won't confuse them.
- You'll get your #GivingTuesday donations on the December 15th disbursement.
- You can collect monthly donations from donors.
What's the downside of using my Network for Good donation page on #GivingTuesday?
- No matching funds for donations, unless your organization recruits matching fund donors.
- Fees can be covered by the donor, as usual, but credit card fees will not be waived.
Year-End Resources for