Network for Good knows you're busy - that's why our data specialists are ready to import your data for you. Here are all the steps you need to follow to get that going!
What data belongs in Donor Management?
Great question! We can import any donor or contact data that lives in an Excel or CSV file, and we can easily handle multiple files. You might have data from these sources:
- Another donor management system! If you need help exporting your records, contact the customer support department of your old system.
- An Excel sheet you've been keeping on your computer.
- Mailchimp or Constant Contact email lists.
- Event records from Eventbrite or another ticketing service.
- Personal contacts living in Gmail or Outlook.
TIP: If you're just getting started and don't have data from any of these sources, that's OK too! You can just get started adding contacts manually! Add your board, add your volunteers, add your friends, add your mom....trust us, you've got contacts!
Got all your spreadsheets? Awesome! You're halfway there.
The next step is optional: Clean Your Data!
It’s great if your data closely matches our template. The closer your data is to this format, the faster we can complete your import! If you're too busy to do this, that's OK too. Just skip to the next step!
With nice clean data, the import should take only 1-2 weeks. If you don’t have the time, our team will clean the data for you (though in this case it can take up to 4 weeks.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What if I have fields that aren't included in the template? A: Don't worry! Our data team will create appropriate custom fields for you. If they have questions, they'll ask!
- Q: I don't have donation information for each contact. Is that OK? A: Yeah! We'll import whatever information you give us. Even if you have a list that's just email addresses, we can make contacts out of that!
- Q: My contacts are in several spreadsheets...will this create duplicates? A: Not necessarily! If you provide us with a unique ID to match up contacts between spreadsheets we'll certainly use it. Any contacts with the exact same contact info will be merged automatically, and any duplicates can be easily merged after the import.
OK...I'm ready to upload!
To upload your data, click Yes, I'll Send My Data for Import on the Donor Management Dashboard.
TIP: If you already dismissed this option, you can instead upload your data using this link: https://admin.dm.networkforgood.com/forms/data-import
Then, attach up to 3 spreadsheets to the form.
Finally, fill in the contact information for the best person at your organization to contact about the data upload. Add any notes or comments you’d like our data team to see. And click Send Now! We'll contact you with any questions, and when your data import is complete.