Looking for Facebook Giving Tuesday info? Look here!
When will the nonprofit get donations raised on Facebook?
When Facebook collects donations on its website in one calendar month, it sends the donations to Network for Good the following calendar month and then NFG disburses these donations to the appropriate nonprofits on the 15th (or closest business day) of the following calendar month. For example, Donations raised on Facebook in November are sent to NFG by late December and 2-3 weeks later, NFG disburses those donations by mid-January)
NFG will re-grant the donations to the address listed on Guidestar.org for each organization.
Why is my nonprofit getting money from Facebook?
If you’ve received Facebook donations or matches through Network for Good via check or EFT that means that someone raised money for your nonprofit on Facebook! If you have any questions about these donations, please contact Facebook.
My nonprofit raised money on Facebook but haven’t received donations. Where are the funds?
There are several possible answers to this. If you are asking about donations that were raised less than 60 days ago, it is likely that NFG has not yet received instructions about these donations. If your fundraiser took place across two or more months, then your funds will be sent in separate disbursements since payouts are split into different calendar months.
If you’re asking for donations that were raised more than 75 days ago, please check that your nonprofit’s mailing address is the same as the one listed in Guidestar. NFG sends checks to the nonprofit address that is listed in Guidestar.
Click here for more questions about Facebook Payments, the Donate button, or the Donate Call to Action button.
How do I get my donation receipt(s)?
When someone makes a donation on Facebook a receipt is sent to their primary email address associated with Facebook. Donors can also access a receipt from their payment history. To view your payment history:
- Click the arrow in the top right of Facebook and select Settings
- Click Payments in the left column
- Click a payment to view your receipt
Can my non-profit receive donor reporting?
No. At this time, there currently not available.
Does it cost money to donate or to sponsor a fundraiser on Facebook?
For donations made on or before 11/28/17 there was a processing fee of 5.75% -- currently Facebook waives the processing fees.
Can the donations raised by a fundraiser be allocated to a specific program?
No. The money raised on Facebook will go to the nonprofit. Nonprofits have full discretion on how to use their funds to further their mission.
Why are all of my Facebook donations anonymous?
Due to Facebook privacy policies, users that are giving to nonprofits through Network for Good do not share their donor information with third parties. Therefore, when Network for Good sends the donations to the nonprofits, the donations show up as anonymous.
For additional questions, please see below:
- If you need information about your Facebook donations, Facebook Fundraisers, matching fund campaigns, Facebook Payments, finding your nonprofit on Facebook, Facebook Donate Button, and anything else about fundraising on Facebook, contact Facebook HERE >>
- If you’ve received a check from Network for Good or a direct deposit and want more disbursement details, login or register with Network for Good HERE >>
- If you’ve received a check from Network for Good and would like to sign up for direct deposit, login and sign up HERE >>
- If you need to update your nonprofit’s address in Guidestar, please go HERE >>