When will the nonprofit get donations raised on Facebook?
Once a month, NFG receives instructions from Facebook on how to disburse money that was raised the previous calendar month. NFG then disburses those funds in the month after we receive the instructions (for example, donations made in November will be disbursed on January 13th and donations raised on Facebook in the month of December will be disbursed on February 15th).
Why is my nonprofit getting money from Facebook?
If you’ve received Facebook donations or matches through Network for Good via check or EFT that means that someone raised money for your nonprofit on Facebook! If you have any questions about these donations, please contact Facebook here.
My nonprofit raised money on Facebook but haven’t received donations. Where are the funds?
There are several possible answers to this. If you are asking about donations that were raised less than 60 days ago, it is likely that NFG has not yet received instructions about these donations, so please submit your question to Facebook here. If your fundraiser took place across two months, then your funds will be sent in separate disbursements since payouts are split into different calendar months.
If you’re asking about donations that were raised more than 75 days ago, please check that your nonprofit’s mailing address is the same as the one listed in Guidestar. NFG sends checks to the nonprofit address that is listed in Guidestar.
For more questions about Facebook Payments, the Donate button, or the Donate Call to Action button, please contact Facebook here.
Can my non-profit receive donor reporting?
No. At this time, there currently is no reporting through Network for Good regarding donor and contribution reporting using Facebook's platform to fundraise for non-profits.
Does it cost to donate or fundraise on Facebook?
The processing fee is a total of 5.75% for using Facebook's platform to fundraise for a non-profit receiving donations through Network for Good:
- Facebook deducts 3.5% to cover credit card processing, payment support, and fraud protection.
- Network for Good deducts an additional 2.25% to cover charity vetting and support, donation disbursement, and operations.
Can the funds I've raised be allocated to a specific program?
No. The money raised on Facebook will go to the nonprofit minus fees. Charities have full discretion on how to use their funds to further their mission.
For additional questions, please see below:
- If you need information about your Facebook donations, Facebook Fundraisers, matching fund campaigns, Facebook Payments, finding your nonprofit on Facebook, Facebook Donate Button, and anything else about fundraising on Facebook, contact Facebook here >>
- If you’ve received a check from Network for Good or a direct deposit and want more disbursement details, log in or register with Network for Good here >>
- If you’ve received a check from Network for Good and would like to sign up for direct deposit, login and sign up here >>
- If you need to update your nonprofit’s address in Guidestar, please go here >>