- Your web browser may be storing older, cached information and submitting that instead of the correct, updated information.
- The zip code you entered for your donation does not match the billing zip code on record with the credit card company. (remember: your billing address can be different than your mailing address, and they aren't necessarily updated at the same time)
- The security code you entered for your donation is incorrect.
- Note: VISA, Mastercard, and Discover cards have a three-digit security code located on the back of the card; American Express has a four-digit security code located on the front of the card.
- The expiration date entered may be a date in the past, or does not match what is on record with the credit card company.
- If the card is new, and has yet to be activated with the issuing credit-card company.
- Your credit card company has declined the charge due to their own security reasons.
- The location of the computer you’re using to attempt the donation is in a different country than the address on your credit card.
- VPN access may also cause this issue, if the VPN you are using is originating in another country or unfamiliar location.
Unfortunately, once a donation has failed to process within our system, we do not have a way to automatically retry the transaction. If a failed donation attempt is reflecting as "pending" on your bank or card statement, that should disappear from the statement in 2-3 business days. If it remains, please contact your bank directly to request they remove the pending charge on your behalf.
We recommend that you try to complete the donation again, potentially on another device or browser, and to clear your cache and cookies if you have not done so recently. Please be sure that your zip code, address, and security code all match the information on file with your card-issuing bank.
If you have any further questions about a failed donation transaction, please contact our Support Team at the link provided here.