GuideStar recently changed the requirements for getting organization’s listed on GuideStar who do not have a Letter Of Determination. They now require a copy of a letter, on letterhead, from the central organization including their EIN and group exemption number, stating that your organization is included in their group exemption.
The letter must fit the following specifications:
• Includes the name, EIN, and address of your organization
• Signed by an authorized representative of the central office, including the signers printed name and title
• Dated no older than six months at the time of submission to GuideStar.
• In non-editable PDF format. Word documents are not acceptable. Links to web documents are not acceptable.
• Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a link to our Help section that describes Candid’s changes in our policy and the requirements for getting an organization listed on GuideStar.